Zeel B Patel
Zeel is a PhD student in Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Gandhinagar advised by Prof. Nipun Batra. His research area of interest is Gaussian processes and their applications to environment modeling and active sensor deployment. In Summer 2022, he worked with Dr. Kevin Murphy as a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) contributor. Before joining Ph.D., he was working as a data scientist in CTO’s R&D team at Inspirisys Solutions Ltd.. He did his M.Tech. (specialization: Smart Manufacturing) from IIITDM Kancheepuram.
|Dr. Kevin Murphy||Aug 2022 - Present|
- 29-31 Jan - Attended Research Week with Google, Bangalore, India.
- 19 Oct - Serving as a reviewer for AISTATS 2023.
- 14 Oct - Two workshop papers got accepted at a Neurips 2022 workshop.
- 26 Aug - Presented our AAAI22 work at Air Sensors International Conference (ASIC), Bangalore, India.
- 27 Jun - Received registration grant for GPSS 2022.
- 21 May - Selected as a Google Summer of Code contributor at Tensorflow with Dr. Kevin P. Murphy. My proposal can be found here.
- 26 Apr - Our work "Samachar: Print News Media on Air Pollution in India" is accepted in ACM COMPASS 2022. More details are here.
- 28 Feb - Joined as a reviewer at The ReScience C journal
- 3 Feb - Received registraion grant for AAAI22
- 7 Jan - Shortlisted to participate in Google Research Week 2022
- 2 Dec - Our work got accepted at AAAI '22 titled "Accurate and Scalable Gaussian Processes for Fine-grained Air Quality Inference" - A Twitter thread
- 13-16 Sep - Attended Gaussian process summer school 2021 virtually
- 18 Jun - A paper titled "Towards Active Air Quality Station Deployment" accepted in SubSetML workshop in ICML'21
- 7 Jun - Served as a reviewer for ACM COMPASS'21 Posters and Demos.
- 7-10 Apr - Attended Google Graduate Symposium 2021 - Notes - Sessions
- 8 Mar - Cleared PhD Qualifiers exam
- 22 Dec - A Journal paper titled, “Vartalaap: What Drives #AirQuality Discussions: Politics,Pollution or Pseudo-science?” accepted and published in ACM CSCW 2021
- 15 Oct - A Poster accepted at SenSys 2020 - A toolkit for spatial interpolation and sensor placement
- 25 Sep - An article accepted at VisX AI Workshop - Active Learning: A Visual Tour
- 14-17 Sep - Attended Gaussian Process Summer School (virtual) - Notes
- 23-27 Aug - Attended KDD-2020 (virtual)